Quartz countertops are becoming a homeowners’ favorite choice for their kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. Apart from their seamless appearance, quartz countertops are ultra-durable, highly sustainable, sanitary, and available in a wide range of patterns and colors. Many homeowners appreciate quartz countertops’ ability to mimic other natural stones such as granite.
One of the most prominent features of quartz is its flexibility to transform into unique patterns and playful colors because of product recycling, which is not possible with granite, marble, and other stones. If you are looking for a kitchen countertop surface that appears luxurious, is eco-friendly, resists high volume of wear & tear, heat, stains, and requires minimal maintenance, Quartz countertops are probably your best choice.
Quartz contains oxygen and silicon atoms combined in a solid framework. Quartz countertops are different from marble and granite in a way that quartz is an engineered material while granite and marble are solid stone derived from mother earth. Quartz is composed of 93% quartz, a natural stone found in the earth’s crust, and 7% color and binder.
How Much Do Quartz Countertops Cost?
The cost of high-quality quartz countertops, on average, is around $30 to $95 per square foot. Though prices are subject to differ as per manufacturer and brand, the average price is around $30 to $60 per square foot.
Difference Between Quartz & Granite:
- Quartz countertops contain 93% natural quartz and 7% color and a resin binder. This composition makes it extremely harder than marble or granite, making quartz a sturdier and longer-lasting stone than other natural stones.
- Quartz has the look of stone while allowing homeowners to customize its design to their specific requirements. Though granite is a great choice in terms of appearance, you may need to search the right piece to match your color theme. With quartz, the selection process becomes easier.
- Even though Engineered quartz is sturdier and heavier than granite, it is still cheaper than granite and other stones. The average cost of quartz countertops is around $30 and $95 per square foot.
- If you are looking for sustainable and eco-friendly countertops, quartz may be a better choice than granite since it is an engineered product.
- Both granite and quartz countertops need regular minimal cleaning, however, unlike granite, Quartz’s solid surface doesn’t need resealing every year.
- Both granite and quartz are highly durable and resistant to heat, wear & tear, scratches, and breakage, quartz is practically indestructible. Since quartz is not porous like granite, quartz countertops stay practically bacteria-free.
What is Quartz?
Quartz countertops have become one of the most popular choices when it comes to kitchen remodeling. Since it is an engineered product, quartz countertops are very attractive mainly because the manufacturing allows a wide variety of colors. The appearance of the finished stone is luxurious and rich, a feature that most homeowners, and their guests admire. In addition, the finish has a depth that is hard to produce with natural stones.
Non-porous quartz countertops resist staining and bacteria, making them a practical choice for kitchens and bathrooms. Moreover, you don’t need to exert much effort in cleaning quartz countertops since they are easy to clean with a mixture of water and mild soap, and don’t require sealing or resealing every year.
Quartz Countertops For Your Bathrooms
Quartz countertops are just as good for bathroom vanities as for your kitchen. Quartz is more than 90% organic with about 10% pigments and binders, making it extremely durable. Bathrooms are an environment where no matter how diligent you are, three will always be some sort of spill on the counters, which makes Quartz a bathroom’s best friend. Quartz is non-porous and able to resist bacteria and viruses, and only minimal maintenance is required to keep quartz countertops looking new for decades. In addition, its beauty uplifts the overall appearance to a luxurious level.
Check Out Granite Depot’s Wide Selection of Stone Types & Colors
We specialize in stone countertops. Granite Depot is the home of natural and quality stones for your kitchen renovation. Our wide selection of stone such as; Granite, Marble, Quartz, Silestone, Recycled Glass, Quartzite, Limestone, Slate, Soapstone, Onyx, Travertine, and Engineered Stone, caters all types of countertop requirements. A diverse range of colors is also available!
All Custom-Made Products
Our stone countertops are completely customizable to your specifications. Do you want a kitchen countertop with an unusual profile or shape, or a shower base for a special bathroom configuration? Our skilled team has the perfect solution for you. Get your dream countertops at Granite Depot, with our skilled team and premium quality stones at the best prices in town! View Our Project Gallery. Visit your nearest showrooms at Evans, Savannah, Johnson City, or Get a Free Estimate Right Away!